House Etiquette for B&B Enjoyment
- B&B stays are unlike hotel stays: you are entering a home. Why stay at a local B&B in Anchorage? The ambience is quiet, conversational, & personable. Rules of etiquette are intended to support a quiet, relaxing, unique vacation experience. You have privacy, but also communal opportunities to meet local residents & to learn about life in the 49th state. Pitch in: keep the area tidy.
- Enjoy the attention of Pepper. She loves to play catch & will teach you the rules.
- Pepper, the house dog, loves to escape. Watch that she does not run out when you come in.
- COMPUTERS & PHONES
- House computer may be used for email, travel information, & classes. Avoid downloading files & do not open chain mail, even from family. Illegal material is not permitted (porn, gambling, scams). Secured wireless is available for use with your personal computer.
- If using the house phone, limit conversations to the minimum required to complete business, maximum five minutes. Our house phone service is for local calls.
- No smoking on the premises, indoor or outside, please. Tobacco use of any kind is unacceptable, including chew.
- Inebriation will result in loss of your reservation & will be made public to other local B&Bs. We are an alcohol-free facility.
- While you may not cook, you have a small refrigerator and a microwave for your use. A food preparation company (Alaska Dinner Factory) allow you to prepare or purchase prepared dishes for home heating & service.
- The coffee pot is available each morning and the tea pot is always on. Enjoy!
- Please consume food in the dining area, not in the guest rooms.
- Breakfast can be prepared for self-serve from 8 - 10 AM. If you require earlier meals due to tours & appointments, let us know - we can prepare a plate in advance for self-serve.
- Safety is everyone’s business. Note that rooms are accessible by a half flight of stairs. Watch your step.
- All firearms must be secured in double locked cases if in the house. Please notify the proprietor of any firearms.
- Guests’ belongings are not protected or insured on the premises. Please ask about use of the safe.
- Moose are no more safe than bears! Stay aware from them!
- Hot tub use requires swim wear. Hot tub may not be used unattended/alone or by minor.
- In Alaska, remove your footwear. Please do so when you enter Jarvi Homestay & any other home.
- Think green: wait till you have a full load of clothes before doing laundry or dishes. We recycle, reuse, & reclaim. We participate in freecycleAnchorage & container recycling for paper, cardboard, & some plastics.
- We are focusing on use of refillable water containers in place of bottled water - could you use a thermos or container?
- Keys - if you will be be out late, you may need a key code for entry.
- Parking is available off street. Please be certain others are not blocked by the way you park.
- Please note that state & local licensing guides many of the etiquette rules...help us keep our status!