Transportation & Trails
Alaska is limited in roadways throughout the state. In the cities (Anchorage, Juneau, Fairbanks) & some of the villages, roads are available. In Anchorage, no problem. Where you wish to go, there is a street or a highway.
- The #60 stops 1.5 blocks north, on Oceanview, & takes you downtown. For schedules & fares, check the website
- Car Rentals - check the web or phone book - many choices
- RV Rentals
- Trains - Alaska Railway
- Airport - The Ted Stevens International serves many airlines. We are 8.75 miles away.
- Planes - Sightseeing/Flightseeing Tours - Merrill Field & Ted Stevens Airport are possible sites
- Commercial Airlines - check your preferred airlines
- Bicycles - More than ten sources for renting bicycles are available. You may want to purchase inexpensive models for getting around if you are visiting for several day. We will donate bikes to charities if you leave them with us
- Foot Trails - Anchorage boasts 127 miles of trail within the city, plus the national forests are practically limitless for the hiker or walker. The Hillside Trail System offers many excursions. Eagle River Nature Center, located about 20 miles north, is a wonderful walking area if Anchorage lacks enough miles for you